Cost-effective Solar Hot Water Heaters - Let the Sun power your Water Heater!
Best Solar Water Heaters
In today’s time, when pollution engulfs half of the world in every form, all we need some sustainable ways to pursue our lives. We utilize a lot of electricity per day to go on with our daily life, and that eventually turns out to be one of the highest sources of air pollution in recent times. It pollutes our air, alters the weather and taking us to a time when simple breathing will be a difficult task to do. To change the situation and make the world a place to love again are what should we aim for the next generation.
It has been seen that the simple task of heating water for daily household works like in the kitchen or for bathing purpose can consume around 30 to 40% of the total energy used in a year, in the form of either electricity or natural gas. We can at least try to reduce this amount of energy expenditure by installing solar water heaters on the rooftop.
A Solar Water Heater is a device that captures sunlight and heats the water in the pipes, which mainly used for bathing, shower. This is considered to be one of the most efficient ways of generating hot water without polluting or exploiting resources. It is treated as an environment-friendly solution.
Best Solar Water Heater Systems
How does it work? The solar water heater system absorbs light through a collector placed on the roof and converts it into heat. It passes this heat to a water tank using a circulating pump. This exchange triggered a thermal regulator, but only when the collector is hotter than the water in the tank.
The efficiency of the collectors is at its highest at mid day in summer, when the sky is cloudless, and when the collectors face south. However, the collectors also work well in other seasons, when the air is cloudy, for a good part of the day, even if they face east or west. When there is insufficient sunlight, the water is preheated, and a back-up system takes over to bring the water to the required temperature. This system can, therefore, be used to produce hot water at a constant temperature throughout the year without emitting any CO2.
Top 8 Solar Water Heaters Reviews 2020
Below is the list of Top 8 most efficient solar water heater. As Solar Heaters are helpful and more popular among people, many brands introduced these Solar hot water heaters. So, it will be difficult for you to sort out the best Solar Water Heater System among all. From all those, we have listed the best ten based on their features, specifications, quality, etc. Check the description of each one and choose the best solar water heating system.
Game 4721 Solar pro curve solar pool heater for intex
Solar Powered Pool Heater Panel Replacement
AO Smith Sun – 80 residential solar water heater
The construction of a solar pool heater is durable with commercial-grade collectors. It comes with threaded pots for versatile plumbing option. The solar pool heater includes 2 hoses and stainless steel hose clamps.
The product performance is so well that the company offers a full 5-year replacement of panel warranty and 10 years limited warranty. Because of all these features and after studying many solar tankless water heater reviews, it is placed in this top list.
AO Smith Sun 80 solar water heaters are designed for installation as a part of a direct solar water heating system or for use with external heat exchangers in closed-loop systems. They have storage, which helps to store the water along with maintaining the temperature of the water when solar energy is not present.
This best solar water heater RV has multiple connections, which makes the installation part flexible. The tank of it is made up of patented glass, which protects against corrosion to maximize tank life. The AO Smith Sun 80 solar water heater is suitable for residential areas.
The Heliatos EZ37 Solar water heater panels can be expanded only by adding extra panels. Installation is simple, and the panels need to be just joint or thread together. Based on the top solar water heater reviews and ratings, the pros and cons are mentioned below.
SW – 38 solar panel is lightweight and weighs less than 14 pounds. This best solar heater for home is of the manageable size of 2ft by 2ft hence making it easy to carry and transport. Also, according to best solar hot water heater reviews from users, it is found that SW 38 is tough and durable.
Duda Solar 15 Tube Heater has a capacity of 93-95% of sun absorption. The 45-degree tube setting enables it to absorb more sunlight when the sun is at a peculiar angle in the east or west. This solar water heater cost is also affordable if you get it from Amazon.
The 30 tube Duda solar tubes are one of the trusted and most popular solar water heater brands in the USA. Moreover, Duda is also known for its highly efficient yet customer-friendly product for the last few decades. An SRCC accredited company, the Federal government, also gives credits and discounts on taxes, if someone installs this solar thermal water heater in their homes. And that is another level of advantages, these solar panels provide.
The product in question in this article in a water heating system altogether, rather it is just the collector panels. Here 30; 14mm solar tubs are connected in a 45-degree angle. It is a proven fact that these tubes can absorb the maximum amount of sunlight in 45-degree slanting position. But with accordance to where it is going to be mounted, the slope can adjust to 37-degree slopes as well. The primary function of the solar collector is to transfer the heat energy from the sun to the regular water tank with the help of circulating pumps. The tubes are winter resistance, and if working on about 70% of its total efficiency, these can also last for around 15 years.
Sunchaser 20 Solar Water Heater comes with a 5-year warranty, 2 or more collectors can be connected to create collectors of 32 tubes or more for more heating capacity. Dimensions of evacuated tubes: 58mm(OD) x 1800 mm (Length), about 2.3″ x 72″. Dimensions of collector: 63″ (W) x 79″ (H). The weight of collector: 180lbs
A solar water heater is a panel, mainly installed in the roof or in places that get ample amounts of sunlight every day, which absorbs sunlight in the day time then utilizes the energy to heat water. Solar water heaters are furthermost the most economical way in terms of both money-wise and energy expenditure wise. Moreover, another important feature of these solar water heaters is these do not emit a single drop of Co2, thus reduced pollution to a substantial level also, if used in the large amount.
It has been seen that sunlight falling in a 1 meter^2 panel in northern latitudes is equivalent to heating 100 liters of oil or burning of 1000KW of natural gas every year. So, the utility of a solar water heater is uncountable these days though a backup heating measure is always necessary, for the days when sunlight is not sufficient.
Solar water heaters used the pretty basic mechanism to do their job. The mechanism goes as follows:
- Sunlight is get absorbed in the light collector panels place on either roofs or any other places which get the maximum amount of sunlight for a maximum time of a day. The collector panels also convert the sunlight to heat energy, as well.
- The converted heat then reaches the connected water tank through a circulating pump. This entire energy exchanging process gets started by thermal regulators present in the panel and the tank as well. The most efficient exchange takes place, then the temperature of the panel was higher than that of the water tank to prevent overheating of water. This phenomenon also saves some electricity by not operating the circulating pumps unnecessary.
There are only two major components, which are an integral part of any solar water heater irrespective of the type. On the presence of circulating pumps and collectors on a solar water heater setup, these can be divided into two different types:
- Active solar water heaters, which comprises circulating pumps
- Passive solar water heaters, which don’t have any circulating pumps.
Furthermore, these two types are again divided into many subdivisions, which help us to understand the solar water heaters more precisely.
As we have mentioned earlier that these types of water heater systems use circulating pumps to exchange water between the heat collector and the water tank. Based on their mechanism, these are further divided into two major classifications:
- Direct circulation system: in this type of water heating system, the circulating pumps circulate household water between the heat collectors and then into the home. These types of solar thermal water heaters are suitable for climates, where freezing temperatures are very rare, like in the tropical areas.
- Indirect circulation system: these types of solar thermal water heater technologies are perfect for areas where the temperatures are prone to reach the freezing point very often. In this type, the circulating pump exchanges heat-transfer fluid in between the collectors and heat exchangers. This particular exchange mechanism, in turn, heats the water in the tanks and thus then transferred into the household.
Though these types of solar water heater systems are way cheaper than the active ones, they are not that efficient as well. But definitely, these passive water heater systems last way longer than any other water heater systems by far. A passive system is also divided into two basic types as well. These are:
- Integral collector storage passive system: this solar water heater system can be a perfect choice of mostly tropical climates, where the houses can get broad daylight for a significant amount of days in a year and where even the evenings are also hotter. In freezing temperatures, this particular heater system will not work properly.
- Thermosyphon system: It is actually based on the concept of osmosis, where the flowing of hot water takes place in the household when the level of warmer water is higher than that of the cooler water in tanks. In this type, the collector must be placed below the regular water tank for easy flowing of warm water. The design and the structural integrity of the roof have been kept in mind before installing this Thermosyphon system, as the water storage tank here is a bit heavier.
Going for a solar thermal water heater system requires some levels of intricate research to find out how they work and what types of a heater can be suitable according to your lifestyle. Other factors like budget, climate conditions of the area you live in, and also the points like impacts on environments have to be considered as well. Here, we have discussed some of the basic considerations which can help you to narrow down the entire selection process:
- The number of people present in a family and their lifestyle is one of the key factors based on which the type of water heart can be decided. If there are four to five or more family members in the family and they require a lot of hot water to complete their daily sanitary works, then an active solar water heater system with the larger collector is required. On the other hand, for a family of one of two people, passive water heaters will function properly.
- In terms of climates, in comparatively sunny and warmer areas, the small size of the solar water heater system can produce a lot of hot water in relatively lesser time. On the contrary, you are going to need an active solar water heating system with more significant collectors to warm up waters in colder regions, where the temperature often touches the freezing zone.
- In terms of budget, passive water heater systems are way more affordable than active water heaters. On general solar water, heater systems are cheaper than photovoltaic arrays, and it only requires a one-time investment of a few hundred dollars to set up an entire system.
Solar Water Heaters usually costs between $130 to a maximum of $5000.
Game 4721 Solar pro curve solar pool heater for intex is the best Solar Water Heater.
Yes, Solar Water Heaters do work at night.
Water warmed by the sun can arrive at temperatures surpassing 212° F, yet the ordinary temperature for family unit use is just 120° to 130° F. Sun based vitality can undoubtedly accomplish these temperatures, even on shady days
Solar water heaters are considered to be a green solution in today’s modern time. They contribute a lot to savings in terms of the environment, monetary. Small steps indeed contribute to a bigger investment; solar water heater is a true example of the phrase. Know more latest updates on best Water Heaters by visiting this portal regularly.
The above solar hot water system reviews are presented after testing and studying different customers opinions on those. Hope you all gained something from this!