Electric Water Heater Review 2019 | 10 Best Tankless Electric Hot Water Heaters
A water heater is also known as a geyser is a domestic appliance which uses a particular mechanism to heat and supply hot water throughout the day. Though conventional storage water heaters use plenty of ways to heat water like solar, fossil fuel, propane etc., electricity is the most used type of heating source all around the world. Most of the water heaters consist of an electric resistance unit to heat the water in the storage tank. These units are controlled by individual thermostats. Generally, there are two separate electric units present in an electric water heater: one in the middle and one in the bottom portion of the storage tank. In some electric hot water heaters, there is only one electric resistant present at the bottom of the storage tank. Here, let’s findout what is the best Electric Water heater.
Best Electric Water Heater 2019
There are mainly two types of water heaters seen in the market,
- Conventional storage type water heaters, where the hot water is stored in a reservoir and supply throughout the day.
- Tankless water heaters, in these types of water heaters, the machines heat water directly as per demand without storing water in any tank or reservoir.
Electric Water Heaters are available in both these Storage and Tankless Water heaters. Check out the list of top 10 Water Heater Electric and description of each one from below sections. We have shortlisted some top 10 best water heater electric type, from an ocean of hundreds and thousands of water heaters claiming to fulfill the same purpose. Let’s check out-
Top 10 Electric Water Heaters
- Bosch Electric Mini-Tank Water Heater Tronic 3000 T 4-Gallon
- EcoSmart ECO 11 Electric Tankless Water Heater Reviews
- Eccotemp L10 2.6 GPM Portable Tankless Water Heater
- Takagi T-KJr2-IN-NG Indoor Tankless Water Heater
- Rheem 240V Heating Chamber RTEX-13 Residential Tankless Water Heater
- FVSTR-Wisee 2.5-Gallon 110V 1.5KW US Plug Electric water heater
- AO Smith EJC-6 Electric Residential Water Heater
- 40V 5.5KW 3 Power Levels Instant Electric Hot Tankless Water Heater + Shower Head for Bathroom Kitchen
- Stiebel Eltron 222039 3.5 kW, 240V Mini 4-2 Mini Single Handwashing Sink Electric Tankless Water Heater
- Atmor Hand Washing SINGLE SINK 3kw/110V, 0.5 GPM Point-Of-Use Tankless Electric Instant Water Heater
Bosch Electric Mini-Tank Water Heater Tronic 3000 T 4-Gallon
The first one on the list is the Bosch Tronic 3000 water heater. This 4-gallon water tank is applicable for those, who cannot bear an interruption in the hot water while in an application. In the case of tankless water heating system, when in use with multiple appliances at the same time, Lukewarm is what you can get every time. In case of this particular water heater, a specific system works to heat water on demand, so it will not cost much energy if you switch it off when idle. This Bosch water heater gas a 98% thermal efficiency and does not require any recovery time while in multiple uses. With 3 faucets for bathing and other appliances, this Bosch model, does not cut short on hot water supply. This made it one of the best in the market.
- Medium to high capacity
- Can be used with 120v electricity
- External digital dial to a preset temperature
- Sleek and compact design
- Can heat up water in less than 10 minutes
- Multiple faucets to use in multiple appliances.
- Water falls from the tank.
- Does not work when attached to the garbage disposal system.
EcoSmart ECO 11 Electric Tankless Water Heater
The next on the list is the EcoSmart Eco 11 water heater. This particular water heater is said to save almost up to 60% on energy bills. This system is designed specifically to save on the electricity bill. This can achieve by allowing it to work efficiently while heating the water up to maximum temperature. This machine doesn’t have any standby time. The Eco 11 water heater has the capability of heating water up to 105F and has the capability of provides hot water to multiple outlets at the same time in spite of its size.
The self-modulating technology used in this water heater ensures consistency in maintaining the water temperature all the time. This technology also ensures in deducting the electricity bills as it adjusts the water temperature automatically. This model also comes with digital temperature control which allows maintaining the optimal temperature by increase or decrees by 1 degree.
- Portable and convenient
- Energy efficient
- Idle for households with the existing heating system
- Applicable to a smaller household with low water intake
- No ideal point of use
- Restrictor needs to be installed with the unit.
Eccotemp L10 2.6 GPM Portable Tankless Water Heater Electric type
The next one on the list is a portable tankless water heater electric type from a brand named Eccotemp. They have created this water heater with most advanced technology combining with complex research outcomes keeping in mind customer satisfaction. This makes this company very popular among customers since its inception days from 2004. This portable electric tankless hot water heater in so designed that it can supply hot water continuously to the users in places like camps, lake home, cabins, summerhouses, farms etc.
The temperature in this water heater can be preset in between 80F to 145F can be controlled manually by one or two water applications. This best Electric tankless water heater has a flow rate of 2.6 gallons of hot water per minute, which makes it very popular among campers. This machine is powered by 2 “D” cell battery which only starts working when water started to flow through the machine.
- Provides hot water instantly
- Can easily be installed outdoor.
- Certified by CSA/GAMA for its product development and service management
- Warranty support up to 1 year
- Can be compatible with any kind of water or shower hose.
- Eco-friendly and does not emits any harmful chemical for both humans and the environment
- Does not work well in extreme below freezing cold temperature.
Takagi T-KJr2-IN-NG Indoor Best Electric Tankless Water Heater Reviews
The next one on the list is a complete eco-friendly one from the house of Takagi. This water heater works on natural gas with a maximum input of 140,000 BTU/H/. This is the smallest of all the water heaters meant for only indoor usage. It can work with a maximum water flow in the rate of 6.6 gallons per minute. This machine is also equipped with the simplest of all installation process requires only a 4-inch stainless steel venting. The in-built thermistor keeps an eye on the fluctuating water temperature inside the machine and controls the temperature very effectively also. This Takagi water heater can provide hot water to two to three outlets simultaneously.
- Can be convertible to direct vent type
- Compact in size and cost-effective.
- 82% efficiency with the natural gas input
- Thermistors for maintaining constant water temperature
- Can work simultaneously in multiple outlets.
- Some water leakage issues have been recorded.
Rheem 240V Heating Chamber RTEX-13 Residential Best Tankless Electric Water Heater
The next one on the list of the best electric water heater of 2019 is the Rheem RTEX- 13 residential water heater. The Rheem model is consists of durable copper immersion two heating elements for effective and efficient heating. It has a self-modulating power control feature with the serviceable field. It has an external digitally adjustable thermostatic control panel with led display and with I accuracy of 1 degree in case of temperature control. The installation process for this water heater is also very easy and user-friendly. It only requires a 3 feet electric cable, ½ NPT adaptors and a ½ inch compression water connection in the side. This Rheem Electric water heater is also energy efficient and can save up to 99.8% on the electricity bill.
- Compact and stylish design
- Flawless water supply as per demand.
- Easy installation process
- Great for small size houses
- Not great for households with more than 4 members.
- Temperature rising is very slow.
FVSTR-Wisee 2.5-Gallon 110V 1.5KW US Plug Electric Hot water heater
The next one in the list is from the USA originated brand name FVSTR. This is light weighted and compact designed mini water tank heater which is an appropriate choice for any small household. This compact water heater can be placed almost anywhere; like under the sink or floor and can be wall mounted also. It consists of a 2.5 gallons glass-lined water storage tank and can provide hot water whenever you needed it. The fast recovery rate eliminates the long wait for hot waters.
The wait time for hot water every time is also minimal in this particular piece of the best electric hot water heater. This water heater is also consisted of four different power levels to easily control its performance according to the user’s personal need. The input electricity level can also be adjusted and it can be ranges somewhere between 10AMPs to 30AMPs, resulting in a 1.5 KW to 6.0 KW of power as per necessity.
- Compact design
- 4 different power levels.
- 2.5 gallons of capacity.
- Variable electricity intake.
- Recovery time is very less
- Not suitable for larger household
- Post customer assistance is not up to the mark
- Frequent incidence of leaking of water also takes place.
AO Smith EJC-6 Residential Best Electric Hot Water Heater
The next one on the list is from the house of AO Smith. This AO Smith EJC-6 water heater has a very compact design, that can fit into any tight spaces. It is comprising of a 6-gallon water storage tank with a single electrical element which meant to deliver the whole 1650 watts needed to heat the water. It has the inner coating made of blue diamond glass which in turns makes it durable and corrosion free. Furthermore, this water heater does not require any batteries. The unit required only 120V electricity connection to running properly. There is a saying is that smaller the heater unit, more energy efficient it is. Thus, it is a very compact sized water heater it is quite obvious that it will be very energy efficient also. This AO Smith model is known to save a lot of amount of energy, approximately around 95%.
- Compact design
- Extremely efficient
- 6 year of manufacturer warranty
- Good for small households.
- It has only a single heating element.
40V 5.5KW 3 Power Levels Instant Electric Hot Tankless Water Heater
The next on the list is another instant tankless water heater from the house of DLTSIL. This is one of the smallest water heaters available in the market with a single faucet output only. Though this water heater is meant to be installed indoors you can place it wherever you want. Simplicity is the key to this heater. It offers all the essential features in a very compact size. It comes with a showerhead which is proven to be very handy. The installation process of this water heater is also very easy. It came with 3 stages and 10 different temperature setting. Is also consists of a thermostat controller and a LED display outside the heater. The quality of the display is said to be the best in the industry.
- Easy installation
- Small and simple
- Decent performance
- High quality LED display
- Poor quality valves
- Single faucet only
Stiebel Eltron 222039 Tankless Electric Water Heater
The next one in the list of best top 10 electric water heater of 2019, is the one from the house of Steibel. This water heater is extreme compact design and made to save space. The main and key feature of this Steibel model that it is extremely energy efficient. It has an in-built power control system, which uses the maximum electricity when it is turned on and on the other hand, does not use any when the machine is switched off. This appliance is said to be the most energy efficient and can reduce energy usage y 40%. Other than the energy efficiency it also has an amazing water flow rate of 1.5GPM TO 3GPM, depending on the water temperature.
- Energy efficient.
- High water flow level.
- Compact in size and can be installed anywhere in the home.
- It is a bit expensive according to its size and features.
Atmor Hand Washing SINGLE SINK 3kw/110V, 0.5 GPM Point-Of-Use Electric Tankless Water Heater
The last one on the list is the Atmor single sink tankless electric instant water heater. This water heater is meant to be an energy efficient one and meant to save on the electricity bills while heating water. This tankless water heater only starts working when cold water started passing through the machine. This device comes with a pressure release unit and an aerator for the sink faucet. It has the water flow rate of 0.5 GPM with a temperature rise up to 45F. A 30 AMP direct connection will be appropriate to ignite the machine. The small and compact design makes it very versatile to use and it can be placed anywhere like on the floor, beneath the sink, on the wall etc.
- No water wastage as the mechanism doesn’t store any water
- Lightweight, compact and can be placed anywhere
- Instant heating. As there is no wait time, means savings in the energy bills.
- Does not have any plug-in feature
- Needs a professional for the installation process
- Applicable only for single point use.
- Only applicable where the water temperature is at or below 57F
How Best Electric Hot Water Heaters Works?
In a generic water heater, a 220 v electric circuit needed to heat the water. There are two electrical resistance elements present in the water heater; one in the middle and the other in the bottom. Current passed through each element via a thermostat- a switch which is meant to sense the temperature of the water. When the water temperature drops, the thermostat switch closes to allow current flow and it opens when the water temperatures reach the maximum preset level. The maximum water temperature in an electric water heater can be set to 130F to 140F, depending on the type of the heater. Or it can be set as low as 120F for an energy efficient performance.
When a hot water tap is open, cold water started running to the heater via a dip tube. The drops in the temperature trigger the lower thermostat and it started flowing current to the bottom element to increase the water temperature. As the water at the top of the storage replaced by cold water, the top thermostat starts heating the upper element. This entire process carried on until and unless the water reaches the preset temperature. The basic mechanism of electric water heating is actually a cyclic process.
Things to consider while buying the best Electric Tankless Water Heater
There are only three basic points you need to care about before buying a new water heater for your home. These three criteria also considered as the three generic pillars of a basic water heater model. These are-
- Size of the water heater is the first and most important factor one should keep in mind before buying a new one. Take your present lifestyle modifications as well as your potential changes for an account before buying a new water heater.
- In today’s time, conserving the energy have to be the primary concern of each and every citizen of the earth. All our effort should be towards a greener and sustainable living. Energy efficiency not only makes your home sustainable, but it also makes life affordable. How much energy your heater uses or how much efficient it must be is another important criterion for choosing a new water heater.
- Type of fuel is the third and another important point to look out for. The type of fuel used in the heater will actually determine, how much energy and cost it will take. The annual cost of the water heater is actually based on the type of fuel used in it and the efficiency of the heater itself.
Other than these there are many other water heaters are available which provides almost the same features in the different price range. It is always a wise choice to compare different models before investing in the one. Always keep in mind the space requisition and the purpose of buying the water heater before going for the new one.